Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|and Sep0815||Action/Adventure, Military/War, Romance||PG-13||None yet||No update page|
Semper Invicta is a new fanon written by Sep0815 and Jacob13Kyle, set during the 1944 Warsaw Uprising.
For most of history, benders were a persecuted minority, forced to band together with other minorities, such as Jews and Gypsies, to survive. And much like for those others, the future for benders is bleak, with totalitarian regimes believing us to be the wonder weapons they require for world domination. And now, with an unready Avatar in their reach, the future seems even more hopeless.
It's been five years since Poland, our home, became the first victim of Hitlerite and Stalinistic expansionism. Five years of discrimination, oppression, expulsion, extermination. But this is the year 1944. The Western Allies have landed in Normandy and in the Provence, and are advancing northwards through Italy, while the Red Army is rushing through Eastern Europe. The time has come for those oppressed, for us, to rise up while we have the chance. It is time to prove that Warsaw, and Poland as a whole, is indeed Semper Invicta - forever unconquered.
- : An earthbender and resistance fighter of the Armia Krajowa (Home Army), he is assigned to protect the newly discovered Avatar and get her out of Warsaw.
- : A teenage Jewish girl who is revealed to be the Avatar, originally from the Warsaw Ghetto. It's Henryk's job to get her out of occupied Poland.
- Captain Danielius Urbonas: a captain of the Armia Krajowa from Wilno/Vilnius, who is responsible for Henryk's membership in the AK. He rescued Tanya from the Warsaw Ghetto, and accompanies Henryk and Tanya, to ensure their survival.
- Private Václav Dvořák: a private of the Armia Krajowa, hailing from Czechoslovakia, who only joined for a lack of Czech resistance organisations. He guarded Tanya between her rescue from the Ghetto, and, together with his superior, Captain Urbonas, accompanies Henryk and Tanya.
- Standartenführer Wilhelm Kruckenberg: A ruthless and determined SS officer whose mission is to capture Tanya for the Third Reich, upon the personal order of Reichsführer-SS Himmler.
- Hauptmann Leopold Meyer: a captain of the Wehrmacht from the Bohemian Forest region in Bavaria, who was in one unit with Wilhelm in World War One, and is one of the only ones he trusts.
- The Armia Krajowa: The so-called "Home Army" is the most important and biggest of the Polish resistance movements. Being affiliated to the Polish government-in-exile in London, it favours and fights for a western, democratic independent Poland, as opposed to, for example, the Polish Armed Forces in the East, which stand side-by-side with the Soviet Union. It is the main force of the Poles in the Warsaw Uprising and of the Polish Underground State altogether.
- SPWZO: The Stróżowie Powietrza, Wody, Ziemi i Ognia (meaning "Guardians of Air, Water, Earth and Fire") is a wing of the Armia Krajowa, consisting solely of the else persecuted benders from all of Eastern Europe. The entire unit, although it has relatively few members, is gathered for the Uprising, assigned to liberate the Wola district in western Warsaw.
- The Red Army: The army of the Soviet Union, having initially suffered heavy defeats against the Wehrmacht, is paying these losses back as of 1944, having pushed the Germans out of most of Eastern Europe, not reaching Warsaw east of the Vistula River only by a few kilometres.
- The Wehrmacht: Its name meaning "defence force", it is the armed forces of Nazi Germany. It compromises the Heer (army), the Kriegsmarine (navy) and the Luftwaffe (air force). All three branches played a role in defeating Poland's forces in 1939, and all three are retreating on all fronts as of 1944. Also, the Heer is an important player in the Holocaust, the systematic extermination of European Jews, and is the Armia Krajowa's main opponent.
- The Schutzstaffel: Although its name means "protection squadron" (often referred to with its acronym, SS), it does all but protect, in fact, this paramilitary organisation is the most effective player in the Holocaust and the extermination of all opponents to the Nazi regime. It is mostly assigned to do jobs the ordinary troops are not trained for, being an elite force.
- Standarte Kruckenberg: One of the Schutzstaffel's so-called Standarten, a unit equal to a regiment. It is commanded by Standartenführer Wilhelm Kruckenberg, and, despite mainly fighting the SPWZO, is assigned to and formed for only one task: to capture the Avatar for the Führer.
9:From the Deepest Circle of Hell...
10:...to the Abyss of Tartarus
Yes, indeed, we too have decided to have a theme song for our fanon! Namely, it is the First Movement of Franz Schubert's Unfinished Symphony:
If you like the story and want more, leave your name and a link below and you will be notified at every update.
Notes & Trivia
- Semper Invicta is Warsaw's motto, meaning "forever unconquered".