|By Teardrops Of Mine||Genre||Rating||Reviews||Updates|
|More from Teardrops Of Mine||Adventure/Action/Mystery||PG||None||Here|
| Zuko, something happened to Rise of a New Era in the last hundred years.
This fanon has been discontinued, but is still available to read for your enjoyment.
| || Juji's fine. He comes back to life in the end when the doomsday device shifts the polarity of the Earth. Oops. Spoiler. Sorry.
Warning! This page contains spoilers for Rise of a New Era.
Courtesy of Korra and her allies, The Equalists were defeated and incarcerated in high security prisons around the world or killed. Korra brought peace and balance to the world, and the benders and non-benders lived together in harmony.
A minute after Korra's death, the next Avatar, a girl from the United Republic of Nations with Earth Kingdom ancestry, Lan Beifong, was born. She proved to be a powerful bender right from the start, mastering Earthbending at the young age of 5 and metalbending at the age of 8.
Now 15, Lan is a well educated young woman. She always gets A's at her school, United Girls Secondary School, due to her natural academic prowess inherited by her maternal family, and can be considered one of the best students at her school. She is also part of the Pro-bending team at her school, being one of the most gifted benders in the world.
When Lan discovered she is the Avatar in one of her Pro-bending matches, she was shocked and confused. She couldn't decide for herself if she should travel around the world to master the other elements or wait until she graduated, a necessary choice she had to make. Ultimately, she decided to master the other elements. She will face many obstacles and challenges along her way, including defeating the notorious Keep the Nations Separate Movement commanded by Huai and his second-in-command Kureiji Hito, who are threatening to destroy the harmony between the nations in order to keep the nations separate.
- Lan Beifong is the main protagonist of the story, the Avatar immediately succeeding Avatar Korra and the youngest Earthbending master in the world. Her family, the Beifongs, have helped the Avatar since Toph became Aang's earthbending teacher. She is the world's only hope against Huai, Kureiji and the Keep the Nations Separate Movement.
- Huai, the main antagonist of the story and the Keep the Nations Separate Movement's commander-in-chief, is a 30-year-old man who is strongly against the ideology that the Four Nations should together in harmony. He also wants the United Republic of Nations abolished.
- Kureiji Hito, the secondary antagonist and the second-in-command of the Keep the Nations Separate Movement, contrary to his name, is not a crazy person. In reality, he is an intelligent, cunning and sly person. His skills are a valuable asset to Huai and the Keep the Nations Separate Movement. He shares the same views as Huai, and will do whatever it takes to destroy the harmony between the four nations and to abolish the United Republic of Nations.
- Chen Long is one of Lan's best friends and a powerful Firebender himself. When Lan decides to travel the world in order to master the other three elements, he is one of two people to go with her, the other being Mirai Kimura.
- Mirai Kimura is one of Lan's best friends. She is a non-bender, but is an expert at chi-blocking and martial arts, due to starting training at an early age. Lan decides to travel the world in order to master the other three elements, he is one of two people to go with her, the other being Chen Long.
- Prologue (released: 10 April 2012)
Not completed, planned
- The Incident (release date: 13 April 2012)
- The New Avatar (release date: 15 April 2012)
- The Question (release date: 17 April 2012
News and updates
For news and updates concerning my fanon, click here.
None so far.
So, reader, what do you think of it? Like it? Hate it? Love it? Tell me what you think on the comments page!
This is my first fanon, believe it or not. I got so used to writing original stories. Well, some of them failed. Using a concept already in existence actually made my writing life a whole lot easier, frankly. The prologue was honestly the hardest chapter I ever wrote in my life. I almost went bonkers!
I would like to thank in advance my readers, fans, haters and people who have constructive criticism. I need to improve, like many of you do. Thank you to Avatar Wiki and the fanon portal for letting me host the narrative here. Your help is greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank some of the widely-acclaimed fanon writers here for inspiring me to write this.
I know that writing a fanon isn't easy. I would like to encourage some of my talented readers to give it a go. It'll be worth it in the end. Maybe your story will become an instant hit!
For the collective works of the author, go here.