|By Minnichi||Part of thecontinuity.|
| || Juji's fine. He comes back to life in the end when the doomsday device shifts the polarity of the Earth. Oops. Spoiler. Sorry.
Warning! This page contains spoilers for.
Gist of the Tale
tells the story of Yuhan, a quirky but formidable agent of the Dai Li. He begins to question the laws of his organization after falling for Riya, a girl whom they say will pay the price for threatening the balance of Ba Sing Se.
Current production notes
For those of you who didn't already know, waiting for updates from this fanon is an astounding process that teaches you strength and perseverance in the art of divine patience.
- Chapter Progress: ...27 is in production! :D
- Desired update time: Before 2018
- Realistic update time: Probably in 2018
- Things you can do in the meantime: Reread!!! A year between chapters plus lots of revisions gives plenty to refresh yourself!
Previously on Silent Hero in Emerald...
|Chapter 15: City of Twists and Lies |
Progress: ...BAM 100%!!! Surprise! Worked for 8 hours straight xD
Yuhan's been a little less than existent ever since losing Riya to the Joo Dees, and it causes a load of problems for him and Hiroshu. Unfortunately, it only grows worse when he's greeted by his unrecognizable former love. Mushi, owner of the Jasmine Dragon, spots him grieving at his shop and offers a cup of tea along with some wisdom. Yuhan feels strangely uplifted by his words - only to be approached by a messenger afterwards who reveals that the brewer is actually General Iroh of the Fire Nation.
Chapter 16: Foolproof
Azula makes her move and announces to the Dai Li how they're going to overthrow the Earth King. Yuhan takes note of how quickly the organization seems to like her as a leader, and realizes that Riya won't ever be helped if the coup succeeds. Acting only on his feelings for Riya, he tries to find a way to warn Ba Sing Se ahead of time. Yuhan discovers that Long Feng has actually ordered her, as a Joo Dee, to commit suicide if he ever tries to betray the organization.
Chapter 17: Fire and Earth
Chapter 18: Those Left Behind
Chapter 19: The Crossroads of Destiny
Yuhan feels ready to give up hope after sending Joo Dee/Riya away, especially with his organization on the brink of victory against the Avatar. Iroh's encouragement motivates him to keep fighting, though he arrives too late to stop Azula from striking down the Avatar with her lightning. As Katara runs away with the body, the Dai Li nearly capture her along with the rest of her group. Yuhan finally strikes against his fellow agents, making himself known as a traitor and allowing the Avatar's group just enough distraction to escape. He's heavily wounded and loses consciousness, and remains captured after the children fly away on their sky bison.
Chapter 20: Consequence
How could one tell that this was reality? What was consciousness? The real world and slumber were both so horrifying that he couldn't decide which was the nightmare anymore.
Chapter 21: Time
Chapter 22: From Darkness to Light
"Only by freeing yourself from the dark past can you fight for a brighter future..."
Progress: Complete B-) Now let's see how long it can take an author on 2hr/48hr sleep to publish....
Chapter 23: Mourning Son
Chapter 24: The Blues
^That's you know, the metaphorical blues. But also literal. You know how the Northern Water Tribe's really blue? And how a person can have the blues, too? Right? See what I did there? ...Nevermind. Moving on!
"Everyone makes mistakes in love, Yuhan. What you decide after they happen is when you learn how strong your love is."
Progress: Well, the outline is made. That's a big deal; just wait for the author to have a free 10-15 straight hours one of these days to flesh it out and publish.
Chapter 25: Earth Kingdom it Is
"No war in Ba Sing Se, my ass!"
Yuhan and Hiroshu both react to horrifying news this chapter, which prompts them to head back towards Ba Sing Se whether they're ready or not. Their journey naturally starts off with some complications.
Feel free to ask for more detailed snippets via subscription if you're interested (and don't mind major spoilers).
Chapter 26: Brightest in the Dark
Highlights (subject to change)
- Yuhan runs into music-loving ferocious beasts in the Lovers' Cave.
- He also discovers a certain tomb.
- The crystal path turns out to be no good because the other exit is also caved in.
- It's very likely that he'll totally lose it at this point.
- But he also has some nice flashbacks!
- Does he know the true meaning of earthbending? o.o
Chapter 27: Road Rage
Planned Content (subject to change)
- Hanbao is a very distracted badgermole with unreasonable food demands
- They resurface just about everywhere except Ba Sing Se
- Hiroshu meets the most random people during his trip home
- Time is running short before a certain rendezvous
Random Fun Facts and Commentary
- , the canonical expert, usually has the final say in whether or not a plot idea in this fanon is realistic and useable.
- is unquestionably the author who suffers most waiting for updates. He also started Suroshu, which the author can definitely live without.
- Nazgullow is the most glorious, generous illustrator this author could ever ask for. No amount of gratitude will ever be enough ;_; (And if you're reading this, Naz, you're still insane for thinking your work is mediocre. TAKE THE PRAISE, DUDE.)
- Yuhan has appeared via cameos in random fanon newsletter staff story/parody articles at least 10 times more often than he appears in a new chapter of his own fanon. This is probably his author's fault, since she's part of newsletter staff in the first place. Sorry to those who find agony seeing both author and Yuhan anywhere except in a new chapter :>
Trivia: Yuhan's Antics Outside the Fanon
There's enough things now to make a list of every weird ordeal he's gone through outside the plot of SHiE (links added later). Where has Yuhan been spotted if not in SHiE?
- Being used in a ridiculous hypothetical battle scene against Aang (who was disguised as an agent) in one of Minnichi's newsletter articles rambling about writing do's and don't's
- Tripping over a cabbage before being approached by Pu-On Tim, the overzealous playwright who was desperately seeking funding from Ba Sing Se's authorities
- Being thrown in a group who came from different universes, and one of them hates his guts enough for constant murder attempts
- Being dragged into a Fanon Author Valentine's Day party, where he tried to kill Minnichi after realizing who she is (ergo, ruiner of his life)
- Being borrowed in the Dai Li parts of other fanons
- Lost in some limbo place with other fanon characters who've gotten lost and insane due to their authors' eternity of no updates
- Having an epic rap battle on his author's behalf against a Water Tribe girl representing his author's rival
...and there'll surely be more.
|Silent Hero in Emerald|
| ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ |
⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
|Professional Illustrations - Minnichi's Drawings - All SHiE Art|
|FanFiction.net Profile - Liberal Ba Sing Se (oneshot) - (oneshot) -|
For the collective works of the author, go here.