|More from Kyoshidude||Drama||G (all ages)||Positive||No update page|
| You should have seen yourself! It was amazing!
This fanon series is completed, meaning all expected chapters have been released.
The beach can smooth even the most rugged edges
Imago: an idealised concept of a loved one, formed in childhood and retained unaltered in adult life.
Lo and Li are twins sisters, and share a special connection. My Imago is a collections of one-shots, based from the views of many, which explores the sister's connection. Throughout the collection, the sisters' ideals of love, family and sacrifice are tested and perhaps, after a lifetime of turmoil, the two will turn out smoothened.
Hozon: Li's lover and Lo's friend
Tosha: The twins' younger brother
Sailor: A sailor who lives on Ember Island
Ursa: Fire Lady to Fire Lord Ozai
Azula: Princess of the Fire Nation
- 1: - A old woman returns to her childhood home.
- 2: - A woman watches two girls on the beach.
- 3: - A letter from Hozon.
- 4: - A sailor recounts a strange night.
- 5: - Ursa watches the beach change Azula's advisors.
- 6: - From the most rugged of edges comes something smooth.
Ember Island is a special place to those who live there. The people see things in aspects of the island that hold significance to them individually or as ideals within the community. And often it is these parts of nature that challenge peoples' very existence, testing their boundaries of love and belief, sacrifice and acceptance to the core.
- The brook: A river that represents the flow of time, with the start of the brook being the beginning of time, and the mouth to sea being death - a waterfall or trickle represents the degree of intensity of which one dies. (Appears in one-shot 1 and 6)
- The hawk: The hawk is an anthropomorphism of Li. In each chapter, the hawk represents a different emotion Li is feeling or her specific presence to the character(s) in the one-shot. (Appears in one-shot 1 through to 6)
- The spectre: This ghost symbolises the mother and the relationship she has with her daughters and the world. (Appears in one-shot 1, 3 and 6)
- The idea of being smooth: The idea that the beach, or more so Ember Island, can smooth rough edges, is emphasised in this collection as a sort of religious or holy mantra for the people of Ember Island or for Lo and Li's family. Being smooth mirrors having inner piece, an aspect of Buddhism which is a prominent religious inspiration in the Avatar series. (Appears in one-shot 1, 3, 5 and 6)
- Iron: Iron being a metal is used as a symbol for the hard personalities the sisters put on and embodies the strength of their bond. As Ursa states in one-shot 5, iron rusts when it is thrown in water, giving iron - and such Lo and Li - a direct link to the ocean motif [see below]. In one-shot 6, iron is described as eternally smooth, making another link between the twins and religion/inner piece. (Appears in one-shot 1, 4, 5 and 6)
- The ocean: The ocean is representative of a God, sending Lo and Li's mother into an unbreakable trance. It's power, often referred to in the one-shots as "powerful wave", is similar to that of God's wrath, and the demonstration of God's power. The ocean could also be related to the Snake from the story of Adam and Eve, as it whispers temptations to the mother in one-shot 4. Be it one or another, or the fact that it seems heavily focused on an idea of afterlife, the ocean holds religious symbolism. (Appears in one-shot 2, 3, 4 and 6)
- Wildflowers: This motif is emphatic on the idea of home and one's connection to their roots. (Appears in one-shot 3 and 6)
- A green sky: A green sky, or perhaps the colour green, is also symbolic of connection, particularly the connection between Lo and Li and their mother. (Appears in one-shot 4, 5 and 6)
- The Snow Mouse: Just as the spectre is a representation of the mother, the snow mouse is a more direct anthropomorphism. The fact that both Li and her mother have anthropomorphisms is ironic due to the fact that Li tries so hard not to be her mother, seen by the hawk attacking the mother in one-shot 4. (Appears in one-shot 4 and 6).
For the collective works of the author, go here.