|By Lord Caesar||See other fanon and fan fiction works from Lord Caesar.|
Konglong Island is a large island located off the coast of the Fire Nation. It is widely known for being inhabited by , who survived their mass extinction and have migrated to the island.
Also known as the "Dinosaur Island", or simply Konglong, Konglong is a large island covered in dense forests and various grasslands.
It is also known for containing various ruins of ancient civilization from the Era of Raava, and has been remarked as an "archeological goldmine." One such finding is a temple with a statue of Avatar Wan as the only thing inside.
Some travelers have tried to make the island a new home for themselves, though unsuccessfully and illegally. Anyone who attempted to had to be very vigilant to avoid being preyed by dinosaurs. Many homes in the island were abandoned due to many of these failures.
Wugoo was a large abandoned city found across the Wuqiong river. The city was then revealed to be on top of a dead fire lion turtle, who served as one of the protectors of mankind during the Era of Raava. After the lion turtles renounced their roles as mankind's protectors, this lion turtle was likely killed by hunters.
The Beach gets it's name from being the largest and most noticeable beach on the island by early settlers. It serves as a nesting ground for hundreds of sea turtles and for dinosaurs looking for food.
Shubian is an abandoned research center originally built by alleged scientists to study the island's fauna. The facility gets its name from its constant decay. Some travelers believe the place to be responsible for resurrecting the dinosaurs.
The Wuqiong river is a large river that runs across the entire island. It leads to places like swamps, ponds, waterfalls, and abandoned settlements.
Tongu Village is a village located in a dry part of the island. It is said to be the home of a tribe called the Tongu.
- "Konglong" ( ) means "dinosaur" in Chinese.
- Konglong Island bears resemblance to other fictional places inhabited by dinosaurs.
- The Great Valley, a valley in The Land Before Time where most dinosaurs have migrated to after suffering from an earthquake.
- Jurassic Park, a biological preserve from the novel of the same name and later adapted into a film, located in Isla Nublar off the coast of Costa Rica.
- Isla Sorna, an island from The Lost World, the sequel novel to Jurassic Park, where dinosaurs were originally produced before being transported to Isla Nublar.
- The Amazonian plateau in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World.
- Skull Island, an island from the 1933 film, King Kong, and the 2005 remake.
- Urth, the super-continent from the arcade game, Primal Rage.
For the collective works of the author, go here.