|By Lilsniffs109||Part of thecontinuity.|
- Six players can be on the field per team. There can be as many as 14 subs on a team.
- Each team gets three time-outs.
- Snowshoes or skates are not allowed. The game must be played in normal shoes.
- There is no out-of-bounds.
- Touching the ball with anything but your club is a foul.
- When fouls are called, an iceballer on the opposing team can lob up the ball in that spot and hit it. This is known as a freeshot.
- Traditional iceball games are divided into 4 quarters. There are 30 minutes per quarter. If overtime is needed, there will be 2, 15-minute periods.
Despite its main popularity at the North and South Poles, other areas of the world participate in a world iceball tournament at the Northern Water Tribe's grand iceball stadium. There are several known teams that participate. The known teams are as followed.
Fire Fountain Dragon Hawks
Northern Water Tribe Buffalo-Yaks
Northern Water Tribe Koalaotters
Kyoshi Island Elephant Koi
Southern Water Tribe Polar Bear Dogs
Omashu Badger Moles
Throughout Avatar: Alternum, Sokka continuously professes his love for the sport. An iceball club is one of his primary weapons in the series. He plays for Kuruk High School's Penguin Seals.
For the collective works of the author, go here.