|6th Fanon Awards||5th Fanon Awards||4th Fanon Awards||3rd Fanon Awards||2nd Fanon Awards||1st Fanon Awards|
|About the Fanon Awards||Fanon Awards Council||Requests for Councilorship||Past winners and nominees|
Welcome to the Avatar Wiki Fanon Awards!
The Avatar Wiki Fanon Awards are awards designed to acknowledge outstanding achievements on the fanon portal and recognize the hard work of fan fiction authors. They are run like any other award ceremony, nominated and voted for by the Avatar Wiki Community. Themakes sure every ceremony runs as smooth as possible.
The Seventh Fanon Awards ceremony will take place in 2016.
These are the current Fanon Awards categories. They are subject to change based on the availability of applicable fanons each year.
- Outstanding Fanon Series - The unforgettable story that has defined itself within the community as being the best of the best.
- Outstanding New Series - The best of the new crop; a legend in the making.
- Outstanding Romance Series - The pure love will bring either tears of joy or heartbreak to your eyes.
- Outstanding Short Series - The best fanon that can do it all in less than 10,000 words.
- Outstanding Writing in a Fanon Series - The best written chapter on the wiki. Bar none.
- Outstanding Writing in a New Series - The best written chapter of the newer tales in the wiki, and a sign of great things to come.
- Best Female Main Character - The greatest heroine of the wiki.
- Best Male Main Character - The leading man and everyone's hero.
- Best Female Supporting Character - She holds everything together.
- Best Male Supporting Character - The most irreplaceable right-hand man.
- Best Villain - A foe great enough to conquer all of Avatar Wiki.
- Best Animal Character - Friend for life to the protagonist and fanon portal alike.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding Author - The most consistently epic author on the wiki.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding New Author - His or her authorship will become a living legend.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding Illustrator - The Leonardo da Vinci of the wiki, who can transform words into the most breathtaking visuals.
The following process is to be followed in all award ceremonies;
- There will be a maximum of five fanon nominations per category.
- The Council lists three of the five nominations.
- The Avatar Wiki Community lists the remaining two nominations.
- In order to nominate or vote for a fanon, a user must have made a minimum of fifty edits and be an active contributor for a month.
- The nominees must be eligible for the category they are nominated for, according to the date of eligibility.
- Stories and users nominated must have published or revised new content during or after December 2015.
- Stories will be considered "new" if they were created during or after December 2015. Authors will be considered "new" if they made their debut onto the fanon portal during or after December 2015.
- Previous winners of a given category may not be nominated again.
- After the announcement of the Council nominations, the community has five days to propose other nominations on the current ceremony's talk page.
- Community may not nominate a fanon that is already nominated by the Council for the same category.
- Nominations of own work are not allowed.
- The community may nominate multiple fanon pages of the same author, even of the same series for a category, but note that only the best of these "double nominations" will proceed to the official nomination stage.
- After this, another five day period will start in which voting on the community nominations will be opened. A Council member will declare the voting open at 12:00 EST (noon).
- The one or two fanons for each category with the most community support will be added on the official nomination page with the Council's suggestions.
- No fanon may be officially nominated twice, so if the top two voted fanons are of the same fanon, the one with the fewest votes will be replaced by the first runner up of another fanon.
- If there is a tie between fanons for the second nomination spot, the Council will decide which one proceeds to the official nomination stage.
- Once voting is opened, the community has a seven days per category to support one of the suggested fanons in each category. The voting process shall take place through commenting. Votes on your own work will be disqualified.
- After voting is closed, the winners will be announced.
- Winners receive the corresponding template on their fanon pages and/or user pages.