|5th Fanon Awards||4th Fanon Awards||3rd Fanon Awards||2nd Fanon Awards||1st Fanon Awards|
|About the Fanon Awards||Fanon Awards Council||Requests for Councilorship||Past winners and nominees|
This page is the place to submit an official request to be on the Fanon Awards Council. The five-member council selects a portion of the nominees for each of the categories in a ceremony, and is responsible for formatting and maintaining the page for the awards, moderating the process, and answering any relevant questions users might have along the way. Generally, the ceremony should be created within two months of the council’s selection, and requests will be opened one month prior to that.
- Sound and fair judgment, along being impartial and unbiased in their decision-making.
- Being well-versed with contemporary fanon stories that are new and eligible for nomination.
- Reachability, and being able to coordinate and meet with their fellow councilors enough to fulfill their duties.
- Element of diversity: the Fanon Awards Council should bring different approaches to the table, as well as collectively encompass knowledge of separate genres. They should mostly be experienced, but at least one of the council should be a newer user.
- Add your name in a sub-header of the “Current requests” section, and give a few lines on why they want to be on the Fanon Awards Council and why they sufficiently fit the criteria above.
- Alternatively, another user may nominate you for the position. In this case, the applicant should state that s/he accepts the nomination. This does not hold extra advantage or disadvantage over users who nominate themselves.
- When the time comes for requests to close, the active administrators will select five willing and capable users to be on that year’s council.
Requests are currently open.
I, Minnichi, would like to apply for councilorship for the 6th Fanon Awards. The activity and community involvement within the fanon portal - and across the wiki, for that matter - may have changed over the past year, but the overwhelming amount of unrecognized talent among our authors has not. My time as a councilor in the previous fanon awards showed me countless gems that slip unnoticed by the average reader, and I want to return this year to keep encouraging the feedback these stories deserve. I have not stopped receiving new and wonderful pieces of writing to evaluate in the Fanon Review Squad, and I have not stopped admiring the remarkable care and dedication the authors display towards the characters they ask me to visualize via the Fanon Illustrator Insignia. There is a continual inflow of great writing and even greater authors here in the fanon portal, and I want to do by best to make sure their efforts are recognized. This past year, my responsibilities have included the management of FRS applications and selection of new reviewers, WLS staff management, scoring/evaluating fanons, and organizing the White Lotus Sentinel's publishing as co-editor. My experiences have hopefully prepared me to be a responsible and unbiased councilor, and I would be deeply honored if you consider my request to partake in this year's awards. --Minnichi 18:41, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
I, Suzon99, would like to apply to become a councilor for the 6th Fanon Awards. Since 2010, I have been deeply immersed in the fanon side of the wiki. I read various fanon, and have extensive knowledge on the procedures used by the Fanon Council. Using the Random/fanon link, I find and read various unknown, yet worthy fanon. I've also been involved in the White Lotus Sentinel, as well as the Fanon Fact Finders (briefly). Although, I have made some past mistakes, my behavior has changed for the better since my return to the wiki. I have the time on my hands to handle Councilorship, and I believe I am capable of putting forth both the devotion and effort required to service the fanon portal as a councilor. I am unbiased, and would work fairly towards helping this portal. They say the Admins are like the janitors of the wiki, constantly cleaning up and making fixes, I'd agree, and add that the councilors are like travel agents, in that they expose new areas to new people. I hope my request is considered, though I realize that there are many people as worthy, if not more worthy to be considered as well. Thank you, --Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 23:09, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
I, Suzon99, would like to nominate Fruipit for councilorship. Fruipit is the epitome of an involved fanon user. If someone posts a new piece of fanon, you can bet Fruipit will be right there, editing the page with fixes. Fruipit knows her way around the portal. A majority of the edits to the portal these days are from Fruipit, and everyone knows it. What would anything having to do with fanon be without Fruipit? What would the Earth be like without life? The answer to both of those is the same, it'd be missing an important piece. Fruipit deserves to be a councilor, she has definitely earned that, and that is why I'm nominating Fruipit. --Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 23:21, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Awtch, thanks, Suzon :) I think you're exaggerating a little, but as I had every intention of applying this year, I'd be honoured to accept the nomination. Fruipit ( • Contribs • Editcount) 23:42, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
I, Fruipit, would like to nominate Omashu Rocks to be a councilor for this year's fanon awards. One of the most dedicated Reviewers in the history of the wiki, despite leaving the squad he's maintained his activity and general good spirit in the Fanonbenders and as co-editor for the WLS with Minnichi. From my discussions with him (and regarding the reasons he was refused last year) I can more than vouch for his maturity and will to work. There's not a lot more to say, really. He's just a good user who knows his way around the fanon portal, and that's really what this is about. Fruipit ( • Contribs • Editcount) 01:42, June 16, 2014 (UTC)