Welcome to the Fourth Fanon Awards ceremony! The Fanon Awards are award systems meant to honor excellence in the field of fanon works and publications. The nominees of the award are, as decided upon by a small council of five fanon users, along with the greater fanon community, among the finest of their field in their selected category. Please note that the awards are not meant to say that any story is better than another. If your story does not win or is not nominated, it does not mean that the council is discriminating against it, only that is has not been selected. The Fourth Fanon Awards officially begin on August 12th, 2012.
The following process is to be followed in all award ceremonies;
- There will be a maximum of five fanon nominations per category.
- The Council lists three of the five nominations.
- The Avatar Wiki Community lists the remaining two nominations.
- The nominees must be eligible for the category they are nominated for, according to the date of eligibility.
- Stories and users nominated must have published or revised new content during or after December 2011.
- Stories will be considered "new" if they were created during or after December 2011. Authors will be considered "new" if they made their debut onto the fanon portal during or after December 2011.
- Previous winners of a given category may not be nominated again.
- After the announcement of the Council nominations, the community has five days to propose other nominations on the current ceremony's talk page, until August 17th, 2012.
- Community may not nominate a fanon that is already nominated by the Council for the same category.
- Nominations of own work are not allowed.
- The community may nominate multiple fanon pages of the same author, even of the same series for a category, but note that only the best of these "double nominations" will proceed to the official nomination stage.
- After this, another five day period will start in which voting on the community nominations will be opened. A Council member will close voting on August 22nd, 2012.
- The two fanons for each category with the most community support will be added on the official nomination page with the Council's suggestions.
- No fanon may be officially nominated twice, so if the top two voted fanons are of the same fanon, the one with the fewest votes will be replaced by the first runner up of another fanon.
- If there is a tie between fanons for the second nomination spot, the Council will decide which one proceeds to the official nomination stage.
- Once voting is opened, the community has a seven days per category to support one of the suggested fanons in each category. The voting process shall take place through commenting. Votes on your own work will be disqualified.
- After voting is closed, the winner(s) will be announced.
- Winners receive the corresponding template on their fanon pages.