Fandom

Avatar Wiki

Fanon:Chapter 1 – Birth

12,221pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Comments0 Share

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

Start reading Book 1   Start reading Book 2   Chapters   Characters   Locations   Reviews   About the Author
Birth
Chapter information
Series

The Future of Korra

Book

1

Chapter

1

Written by

Davidbuddy9

Release date

May 1st, 2014

Chronology
Next chapter

Chapter 2 - The Plan

"Korra are you sure that you still want to do the speech?" Mako asked Korra concerned.

"Mako, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean you always have to get in my way. Stop treating me like if I'm going to die if I do something!"

Mako sighs, "Okay, go ahead, but if your water breaks, I told you so."

"Mako, I still have two days before it's nine months."

"It can come any time Korra. Trust me. It doesn't have to be exactly nine months."

Korra rushes to the podium to give her speak. "Ladies and gentlemen of Republic City," the crowd cheers.

"Mako do you think she'll make it?" Lin asked.

"I don't know, but I hope it ends soon, because just like the last two times she gets insane having to be in relaxation mode all the time."

"Well, she is the Avatar. If I was her and I wasn't able to do my job for nine months, I guess I would go crazy too."

"And you know this is very imp.. imp..." Korra smiles with a big grin showing her teeth.

"Lin, I think Korra -" Lin interrupts Mako's speech.

"Mako we need to get her off stage and into the hospital ASAP." Mako, Lin, and other officers rush on stage.

"Korra, did your water break?" Mako whispered in Korra's ear.

"Yes. Can't talk due to pain," Korra replied.

Mako and Lin carefully lifted Korra and put her in the back of an ambulance.

Later at the hospital. Mako walks into the room that Korra is in.

"Mako, here is our new son, a Firebender. His name is Kukri." Korra looks disappointed at the new born baby.

"What's wrong?" Mako asked.

Korra sniffs. "This is our third child and we still haven't gotten a waterbender, not even a non-bender." Korra begins to sob.

"Korra, why didn't you tell me that you wanted a waterbender?"

"Because it wouldn't make a difference," Korra sniffs. "Mako I know this would be hard, but could we try again, and if it isn't a waterbender then... Can we just try again?"

"Well, do you want a fourth child, Korra?"

"Yes, but, I wish it would be a waterbender. It would be nice to have another waterbender."

Two nurses and a doctor walk in with an unpleasant look.

"That child isn't a Firebender." The doctor looks at Mako. "Hmm, didn't you say that your father is an Earthbender?"

"Yes, why?"

"That child is an Earthbender. You guys are so lucky that you're getting the rarest possibilities possible."

"What do you mean?" Korra asked.

"Well, if we do some math here, usually it would be a fifty-fifty split, but since Mako's parents had two different types of bending, Mako has a rare chance of passing that other bending ability down. A more detailed explanation is your child has a 50% chance of becoming a waterbender, 37.5% chance of becoming a firebender, and a rare 12.5% chance of becoming an Earthbender."

"So if there's a 50% chance of getting a Waterbender why haven't we gotten one yet?"

"Its all up to luck, Avatar! That's just what's supposed to happen. That's why it's fun having children, because you'll never know what's going to happen! Good day. Oh and yes, you are free to go."

"Thank you." Korra stood up and bowed at the doctor and departed from the room. Mako did the same. Korra and Mako got on Korra's polar bear dog, Naga.

When Korra and Mako arrived at Air Temple Island, Tenzin's family, as well as the rest of Korra's children, were waiting for them.

"Mommy, you're back!" Said Chira, Korra's oldest child. Chira and Koshael ran to Korra to give her a big hug.

"Aww, I love you, guys! You're the best!" Korra said to her children kissing them on the top of their heads. Korra stood up, as Tenzin walked over to Korra with a sad and worried look on his face.

"Congratulations, Korra, on your new child," Tenzin sighs.

"What's wrong Tenzin? Something's not right," Korra replies.

"Well, you see, Korra, while you were in labour, an argument broke out in one of the Earth Kingdom's islands, south of Kyoshi Island and northeast of the Southern Water Tribe."

"Oh," Korra replied, in a concerned way.

"The island's population has been growing rapidly recently and the local government feels that the Earth Kingdom isn't supporting them when they were attacked recently with a wave of crime. The island tried to get a referendum, but it was denied. I'm just worried that this conflict might turn into something worse."

"Maybe I should go and see the situation myself. It sounds like they may need my help if the situation worsens."

"I don't know, Korra, it might be too dangerous for you. Also you don't want to start a civil war with the Earth Kingdom," Tenzin replied to Korra.

"Dad, can I go too? I hear that Valem town, located in the northern part of the island, has lavish Earth Kingdom castles, race tracks and exceptional sanitation. And in the south Vogdar City, where the protests are happening, has exceptional sanitation and well-stocked merchants and is famous for its high quality alcohol, gambling and local fighting schools." Everyone looked at Jinora, stunned about her knowledge about the island.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll let you go, it could be dangerous, what else do you know, Jinora?" Tezin asked Jinora.

"Let's go inside and I will show you." Jinora led everyone into Tenzin's house. She stopped at a bookshelf and searched for a book, then she found the book she was looking for and turned to a page and handed the book to Tenzin. Tenzin read the page out loud.

"Valem town
Size: average
Walls: wooden, with strong gates
Layout: quarters separated by main roads

Attractions: lavish temples, race tracks and exceptional sanitation
Famous for: horse training, good weather and druids
Nearest tavern: downtown

Guards: owned by private citizens
Locals: very hospitable
Crime: little
Economic base: crafting
Main craft: weaving
Economy: strong and growing

Government: one official elected from among nobles
Major influence: local politics
Corruption: low

Religious influence: below average

Streets: worn-down cobbles
Buildings: are mostly made of wood." Tenzin looked at the other page and read it out loud.

"Vogdar City

Size: above average
Walls: wood and stone, with few gates
Layout: built on the ruins of a much older city

Attractions: exceptional sanitation and well-stocked merchants
Famous for: quality alcohol, gambling and local fighting schools
Nearest tavern: halfway across town

Guards: very alert, but are bad at fighting
Locals: friendly
Crime: some

Economic base: vineyards/orchards
Main fruit: apples
Economy: strong and stable

Government: hereditary ruler
Major influence: scandals
Corruption: low

Religious influence: average

Streets: very noisy, occasional group of people practicing their fighting skills.
Buildings: doors closed and looked."

Tenzin looked at his daughter Jinora, shocked that she could find a book for almost everything. Tenzin sighed. "Alright, Jinora, you can come along, but you will have to stick with me or Bumi."

"Where is Bumi?" Korra asked.

"Inside doing chores," Jinora replied.

"Tenzin, is anyone else coming too?" Korra asked Tenzin.

"Well, Tenzin, what did I say to you 2 years ago? 24/7 Bumi time!"

"I'll take that as a yes," Korra replied. "Anyways, I think it's getting late. Mako, can you put the boys to bed and I will put the girls in bed." Mako nodded at Korra and took the children he was responsible for and Korra took the children she was responsible for.

Later in Korra's room, Mako came in and took all his clothes off. Mako lost his pj's a while ago and never remembered to buy new ones. Mako slipped into Korra's bed and went beside her. Mako stared at Korra.

"Mako... I think I'm ready." Mako stared in Korra's eyes, then he looked under the blanket and put his hand on Korra's stomach.

"I'm ready too."

See more

For the collective works of the author, go here.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki