|More from RuleroftheBisons97||Drama/Adventure||PG||Positive||Here!|
| I'm not from the Fire Nation. I'm from the Southern Water Tribe.
Warning! This page contains spoilers for Aang: Story of an Airbender.
IMPORTANT NOTICE Edit
Hey readers, I am very sorry to have to tell you this, but due to the fanon's low popularity, I have decided to cancel-wait, sorry wrong fanon. Anyway, what I meant to say was that my laptop went all haywire and deleted my chapter. So, I have to write the chapter out, because my parents have their desktop in Spanish. The chapter may be released in a few days time, so please pardon the wait. RuleroftheBisons97(Fanon)
Aang, a young Air Nomad from the Southern Air Temple, discovers he's the Avatar! Now, with his best friend (and love interest), Mia, Aang must figure out what Fire Lord Sozin is planning and solve the mystery of the missing Airbenders. Meanwhile, Aka, Aang's Rival, has other things up his sleeve. However, both are blind to the traitorous nomad that dwells in the temple.
The Air Nomads Edit
- Aang: A 12 year old kid who gained his tattoos early for inventing the Air Scooter. He lives in the Southern Air Temple along with his sky bison, Appa.
- Appa: Aang's 6 year old Sky Bison who is loyal to Aang no matter what. He serves as transportation for Aang. Appa is from the Eastern Air Temple.
- Monk Gyatso: Aang's Guardian who watches over him. Member of the Southern Council of Elders.
- Mia: A 12 year old girl who likes Aang. She is also Aang's best friend and bears a similar appearance to Katara. She is from the Western Air Temple.
- Aka: A 12 year old boy who is from the Northern Air Temple. Everyone believed him to be the next Avatar. Rivals with Aang.
- Afiko: An ex-Air Agent and father of Aka, he believed that his son is the Avatar and hates Aang for not making his wish come true. He seems to be plotting something and has a connection to the mysterious Fire Lord Sozin.
Fire Nation Edit
- Kuzon: A boy from the Fire Nation who's life dream is to see a real life dragon. He is one of Aang's best friends.
- Fire Lord Sozin: The Fire Lord who is plotting something against the Air Nomads. He seems to have a connection with Afiko.
Earth Kingdom Edit
- Bumi: A 12 year old boy who lives in Omashu. He is a mad genius and one of Aang's best friends.
Water Tribe Edit
- Akua: A 12-year old girl and sister of Kelron. She hails from the Southern Water Tribe and longs for freedom and adventure.
- Kelron: A 14-year old boy who lives in the Southern Water Tribe and is the brother of Akua. He is ready for his rite of passage.
The Air Nomads Edit
- Haha: Aang's mother who was forced to make a hard decision.
- Shin: Aang's father who was forced to make a hard decision.
- High Monk Pasang: Leader of the Southern Council of Elders who solves conflicts between Gyatso and Tashi.
- Monk Tashi: A member of the Southern Council of Elders who believes in training Aang no matter what.
- Monk Futo: The slightly obese member of the Southern Council of Elders.
- Monk Meiji: The monk with the black beard. Member of the Southern Council of Elders
- Sister Iio: Mother Superior of the Eastern Air Temple.
- Ko: a small Air Nomad from the Southern Air Temple. He is a friend of Aang, Damu, and Jinju.
- Damu: a friend of Ko, Jinju, and Aang, who rejected Aang's participant in an Air Scooter game.
- Jinju: a friend of Ko, Aang, and Damu who is shunned for his weird behavior, but allowed to play the Air Scooter game after Damu rejecting Aang.
- Ento: An ex-Air Agent, who escaped from being assassinated by the Fire Lord. He has agreed to journey with Aang back to the Southern Air Temple. Before being able to reveal the truth about Afiko, he was murdered by an unknown figure.
- Kira: Mia's dad, Gyatso's friend, he harbors a dark secret
The Yamiichiba Hunters Edit
- Dao Zhe: The leader of the Yamiichiba Hunters. He is in love with Nuzi.
- Nuzi: She uses a rope to foil her enemies and is in love with Dao Zhe.
- Saisho: The first member that Kuzon met. He kidnapped Kuzon so he can tell them where the dragons are. He uses a sword to subdue his foes
- Kikka: A mean female who hates kids. Uses a spear to gut her enemies
- Bardus: A man who is regarded as useless.
The Water TribesEdit
- Katara: A 14-year old girl who resides in the Southern Water Tribe. She is the brother of Sokka and believes that the Avatar has survived.
- Sokka: A 16-year old boy who watches over one of the villages in the Southern Water Tribe. He is Katara's brother and a warrior to his people.
Sneak Peek Weaks Edit
Every week until the return of the fanon, I will be posting sneak peeks. With 13 chapters left, this fanon will finish by December 19, 2012. So, enjoy it, and my suscribers will get an additional sneak peek tomorrow.
Week 1: September 2 - September 8 Edit
~~Fire Nation: Pokena Village~~
Kuzon stared at the group, eying them carefully as they walked around the abandoned market. The Yamiichiba Hunters strolled through leisurely, ignoring everything and anyone in sight.
“Are you sure we’re in the right place?” Dao Zhe asked. Nuzi curled up in his arm, smiling affectionately.
“I’m telling you Dao Zhe!” Saisho shouted, pointing at a ruined house. “The man who lived there told me he could get me a dragon egg!”
“It doesn’t matter if Saisho is stupid, Dao Zhe.” Kikka said. “Dragon eggs sell very high, and we need that money to put our plan in motion.”
Kuzon growled silently. “What could they be planning? Dragons are sacred creatures!”
“Boss, I thought I heard something.” A male said.
“Hush Bardus!” Dao Zhe said.
Kuzon slowly walked backwards, silently turning a corner. He slammed against something big and hard. The firebender looked up to see the growling face of Kikka.
“Well, if it isn’t my favorite firebender!” Kikka shouted.
She grabbed a spear as fast as thought and aimed it at Kuzon. The firebender jumped to the ground, crawling between her legs. Kikka roared in frustration and turned. Kuzon ran behind a house, and down the street. The hunter followed, swinging her spear with deadly accuracy.
“Kikka!” Dao Zhe’s voice shouted. "Where are you?!"
Kikka growled, and followed Kuzon deep into Pokena Village. Kuzon turned and summoned a fire dagger, slicing the spear’s head off. Kikka screamed and kicked Kuzon in the gut. The firebender flew back, landing on the street. The hunter shouted and kicked Kuzon’s side with all her might.
“No!” Kuzon shouted as he rolled down a steep slope, and flew into the ocean. Kikka smiled, and walked back to the hunters as Kuzon’s motionless body floated through the cool, blue water.
Week 2, September 9 - September 15 Edit
~~The Earth Kingdom, Near the Si Wong Desert~~
The rain drizzled on the cold stone floor, as a group of nomad dragged their heavy feet across the mud. They twirled into the air, and landed gracefully by the edge of the woods. An old man led them into a small clearing as three men, and a woman who carried a baby followed. Behind them, the footsteps of the army sounded like a herd of elephants as they marched toward their prey.
“Get them!” A man yelled. “Don’t let them escape!”
“Hurry! The Underground Railroad is about to collapse!” The old man said, shoving the Airbenders urgently. “I have sent help, but you must hurry!”
A man stepped forward. “Friend, brother, protect my wife. I must help our savior.” The nomad kissed his wife’s head and his newly born son.
“Be careful.” The wife said, kissed her husband for the last time, and retreated into the woods, flanked by her protectors.
The husband watched as they disappeared under the shelter of the dark, ominous woods. The old man sighed, “I met the Avatar. He has agreed to help you until you reach safety, by the Misty Palm Oasis.”
The husband pleaded to the skies with his eyes. “The Avatar will come to help you my love, stay safe.”
A slow sarcastic clap echoed off the trees filling the two men with anger. Half of the army, about 100 soldiers, marched into the clearing led by Sozin, a triumphant gleam in his eyes.
The old man summoned fire onto his hands. “Back you villain!”
The army marched forward, but stopped at the sight of the Fire Lord’s hand. “No, save your strength. He is the least of our worries.” Sozin boasted.
The old man charged forward, lighting his fist in fire. Sozin quickly twirled on the ground, knocking the man’s feet under him. The man twirled in midair, flipped, and landed back on the ground. “You have disgraced the Fire Nation!” The old man jabbed at Sozin with uncanny speed. Despite his age, he moved with uncanny agility.
“You have nice techniques, originated from the Sun Warriors, are the not?” Sozin gloated as he easily sidestepped and jabbed the man in the back with a blast of fire. The man screamed in pain as he flew into a tree, and closed his eyes for the last time.
“No!” The husband yelled.
Sozin’s eyes glowed with fire as he turned to face the Air Nomad. “Rendezvous with the other army.” Sozin ordered. “The Yamiichiba Hunters are on his friends’ trails as we speak.”
The husband shot his hand out, smacking Sozin back a few feet, and ran eastern as the Fire Lord slammed into a tree.
“GET HIM!” Sozin roared.
The husband ran through the trees. Archers jumped from branch to branch, notching arrows as they released one every five seconds. The airbender twirled, covering himself with a veil of the wind. The arrows ricocheted off and stabbed the archers in the shoulder, knocking them off their branches.
He leaped into a ravine, somersaulted, and landed ankle high in a river. He ran toward the south, leading the armies even further away. A column of fire erupted at his feet, blocking his path. Sozin and two firebenders, one on either side, shot flame after flame from their knuckles, moving in sync with each other. The husband turned but he was blocked by another wall of fire.
“Prepare to die along with the rest of your kind!” Sozin shouted.
The husband shot knives of air, but they evaporated as soon as they were created. The flames inched closer, embedding his body with sweat.
“DO IT!” The husband yelled. “PROVE YOURSELF UNWORTHY! PROVE YOUR HONOR! PROVE-” The rain picked up, splattering everyone with liquid. Thunder rumbled in the distance. The husband’s eyes widened. Slowly, he fell backwards into the river, a hole where his heart should be. Sozin sneered as his prey perished before him. The husband produced a tear as his last image of his family faded away into the light.
Week 3, November 18 - November 24 Edit
Note: These are two pages of the revised edition of Ceremony of the Four Relics. Enjoy!
Gyatso spoke. “I know you must question our motives, but I assure you two, that we come with the best of intentions. You see, it not only concerns your family, but the fate of the world as well.”
“And why us?” Shin asked, clenching his fists so they turned white.
“Not you.” Monk Futo said, smiling at the ridiculous assumption. “Him.”
“Who?” Haha asked, masking her mouth with her hand.
“The Avatar!” Monk Tashi spoke. “He may be in this house as we speak!”
“Our Aang? How can he be the Avatar?” Haha asked. “Avatar Roku is still at the Fire Nation, protecting the world with-”
“His life!” High Monk Pasang interrupted. “Avatar Roku died three days ago, ma’am.”
Haha exploded in tears as the news reached her ears. Shin wrapped her around her arm and pushed her in for a hug. Realization dawned on Haha. “So, that means that Aang is the next Avatar?”
“No,” Monk Meiji said. “There are still more candidates around the world that we must investigate, but we are asking the parents to travel to the Southern Air Temple to perform in the Ceremony of the Four Relics to prove if they are or are not the Avatar.”
“Why can’t we have the ceremony here?” Shin asked.
“Because it will take a hundred bison to transport all of the relics to each temple!” Monk Tashi shouted.
“So, may you travel to the Southern Air Temple?” High Monk Pasang asked.
Haha hesitated. Should she let Aang participate in the ceremony? While it would be a huge honor for her to be the mother of the Avatar, if he was, then Aang would be taken away and forced to train under their monks. No, she couldn’t allow that.
“No,” Haha replied. “I’m not letting Aang be separated from me.”
“You may travel with the baby.” Monk Futo reasoned.
“It’s not that!” Haha screamed, her emotions boiling inside. “If Aang is the Avatar, then he will be taken away! I can’t bear that!”
“Haha, please reconsider-” Gyatso spoke gently.
“No, get out!” Haha screamed.
“We don’t have to listen to you.” Tashi reasoned with the monks. “We could just take the baby ourselves!”
“Are you threatening us?” Shin asked, growling.
“I merely stating the obvious.” Tashi yelled back. “Where is the baby?”
Shin shot a blast of air at Tashi, shooting him into the air. The monk twisted in midair and spun, circling his hands around the air. He spun it and directed the air attack at Shin. High Monk Pasang twirled forward, clasping his fingertips together. The air attack parted ways, avoiding the monk.
“Control yourself, Tashi!” Gyatso said, covering his arm with an air gauntlet. He slashed out with air spikes at the end, shooting Tashi back with every attack. Tashi ducked behind the gauntlet and masked his punch with a fist. He directed his fist upwards and a torrent of air smacked Gyatso into the sky, slamming into the roof.
Aang started to cry. Monk Futo and Monk Meiji grabbed Tashi as the monk screamed and shouted. Haha ran toward the bedroom, cradling her child, singing the song. Shin turned toward High Monk Pasang.
“You are the worst monks I have ever seen! Air Nomads are peaceful! Get out of my house now!” Shin shouted.
High Monk Pasang frowned and nodded. He led the others out of the room and toward the doorway. The leader stopped and turned, “If-When you change your mind, please meet us at the Council Chamber in a month time. We still have many travels to partake.” With that, the monks left the room.
“I will.” Shin said through a forced smiled and shut the door. Aang stopped crying
Fans of the Fanon put this on your user page.
|This user is a fan of Aang: Story of an Airbender.|
I normally don't do this, but since this fanon has gotten a good reception. I have decided to break my habits. If you subscribe, you will not only be given notice of when I post chapters, sneak peeks to the next chapters, and deleted scenes! Just add your name under the list, please!
"I loooove this fanon!!! :D :D :D"
"This is a very interesting and short fanon so far. Nicely done, Ruler :-]"
"Flameo good Hotman! Your fanon is just flamin'!"
Like this fanon? Nominate it forstatus!
Fanon Reviews Edit
- FRS Review by Azulazulazula. Score of 6.345/10
- Fan Review by .Score of 8.75/10
- FRS Review by . Score of 7.78/10
- FRS Review by . Score of 7.3/10
- Fan Review by . Score of 7.2/10
Total Score (as of now): 37/50 ~ 75%
- Fourth Fanon Awards: Outstanding Drama Series: COMMUNITY NOMINATED
I like to dedicate this fanon to all my readers, for without them, there be no reason to write this story. I also like to dedicate it to the creators of Avatar for without their characters, series, and imagination, there be no story at all. Thanks and keep reading!
For the collective works of the author, go here.
|Avatar: Before the Legends|
|Aang: Story of an Airbender|
|Ceremony of the Four Relics - Appa, the Sky Bison – The Island – Hotman - The Yamiichiba Hunters – The Sky Bison Polo Championships - The Avatar - The Mad Genius - Into the Blizzard - The Air Agents - Reunions - Out of the Blue - - - The Pentapox Problem - The Blue Moon - Monks, Cakes, and Wisdom - Fleas on a Rat - Dark Horse - Embers in the Wind - Traitor's Tale - The Mail Chute Race - Dragon Days - Divided We Fall - The Storm - Ethnic Cleansing|
|Katara & Sokka: Tales From the Water Tribe|
|The Wolftail - The Forbidden Ship - The Warrior's Path - The Gift of Water - The Final Goodbye|