|and Skybender101||Drama||PG (Parental Guidance)||None yet||Here|
| I'm not from the Fire Nation. I'm from the Southern Water Tribe.
Warning! This page contains spoilers for A Shared Burden.
| Zuko, something happened to A Shared Burden in the last hundred years.
This fanon has been discontinued, but is still available to read for your enjoyment.
|A Shared Burden|
Millennia prior to the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai at the hands of Avatar Aang, a major organization of the world was nonexistent. The world was at a relative peace, but discontent was growing in both the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribe, especially after the death of the last Avatar.
During a summit between the leaders of the Four Nations, many of them expressed concern. What happens between one Avatar’s death and another’s identification? The time between Avatars is the time the world is most vulnerable. While the politicians argue over what should be done, the future founders of the Order of the White Lotus go about their lives as usual. They observe the world around them with wary eyes, and they are the first to feel the winds of change. But when the time comes for the "Avatar Organization" to begin its business as a protector of the status quo, will it survive or will it crumble?
This fan fiction was inspired by a number of questions:
- How did the Order of the White Lotus begin?
- What happens between one Avatar's death and the next Avatar's recognition?
- Why did the Water Tribe split?
- What caused the Fire Nation to become monarchical?
- What would happen if a female Avatar was born into the Northern Water Tribe?
- - An old warrior tells his great-nephews a story.
- - Four different individuals have similar experiences.
- - Tao plays a prank on the Council of Elders; Pika learns something about her granddaughter.
- Stirrings, Part 2 - The leaders of the four nations meet; Feng witnesses a hostage crisis; Xuyan hears rumors from the Capital.
Some of the names are subject to change.
The Founders Edit
- Gian: The youngest and newest member of the Northern Air Temple's Council of Elders
- Pika: The head healer of the Water Tribe
- Feng: A reputable Earthbending instructor of Omashu
- Xuyan: A tough and skilled Firebender in the Fire Nation
The Leaders Edit
This will be filled in more as the leaders of the Four Nations are introduced.
- Cao, Mei Li, Yuan: Three members of the Council of Elders
- Luka: The rigid chief of the Water Tribe
- Lanwei: The eldest Fire Sage with ill health
The "Anarchists" Edit
The "Anarchists" include several characters that are part of riotous organizations within the Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom; both groups desire a change.
- Chu: The manipulative fifth member of the new Order
- Ling: A charismatic peasant with exceptional leadership abilities
- Kiki: A malcontent teenage Water Tribe woman
- Tao: Gian's young and troublesome ward
- Maya: Pika's orphaned granddaughter
- Miao: Feng's protege and a talented yet troubled girl
- Fazu: Xuyan's son in training to become a Fire Sage
The third chapter is underway. Progress: 15%