Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the Ember Island teenager. For the admiral, see Chan (Fire Nation admiral).
|"All right, listen, my dad's an admiral. He has no idea I'm having this party, so don't mess anything up."|
|— Chan to his party guests.|
Chan and his friend, Ruon-Jian, were impressed by Ty Lee and Mai during their stay at Ember Island. The pair invited the girls to a party at Chan's house, but Azula interrupted the conversation to insist that she and Zuko also be invited. Chan was initially reluctant, but he eventually agreed to let Azula and Zuko come to the party as long as they acted normal.
When Azula and the others arrived at his house, Azula, in an attempt to flirt with Chan, mentioned that his outfit was so "sharp" that "[it] could puncture the hull of an Empire-class Fire Nation battleship, leaving thousands to drown at sea." The intended compliment instead made him somewhat uncomfortable, and he awkwardly thanked her.
Later, after Azula received some flirting tips from Ty Lee, she insisted that Chan give her a tour of the house. He led her out onto the deck and made a few jokes, causing Azula to laugh. Azula admired Chan's "muscular arms", and Chan subsequently moved in to kiss her. He complimented her on her looks, to which she responded by creating her signature blue flames in her palms, expressing that they would be the most powerful couple on earth. Chan, severely unnerved, hastily made an excuse to leave and left a disappointed Azula alone on the deck.
Chan returned to his party, only to discover that Zuko had pushed Ruon-Jian into a vase that once belonged to his grandmother. Outraged, he promptly kicked Zuko out, and shortly after, Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee left the party too. Later that evening, Azula led Zuko and her friends back to Chan's house during the party, where they vandalized the entire building in retaliation, leaving it a ransacked mess with a hysterical Chan in tears.
Due to his status as son of an admiral, Chan was overconfident and conceited. His arrogance was such that he apparently considered himself and his friends to be "some of the most important teenagers in the Fire Nation". He often hosted parties at his parents' beach house while they were away.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Book Three: Fire (火)
- 305. "The Beach"
- Chan (Avatar: The Last Airbender writer, May Chan. , Chen in Mandarin), is a common Chinese surname. Chan, along with his father, got his last name from
- Chan was the only person in the series shown to ever kiss Azula.
- Chan really loved his grandmother.
- Chan is the first known character to be directly named after a parent.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Mattila, Katie (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director). (October 19, 2007). "The Beach". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 5. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com (link). No longer updated.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (September 21, 2007). "The Awakening". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 1. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Avatar Extras for "The Awakening" on Nicktoons Network.
- ↑ Avatar Extras for "The Beach" on Nicktoons Network.