Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The camelephant has a head reminiscent of an elephant's, complete with an elongated trunk which serves as the creature's most versatile appendage and two tusks protruding from each side, likely used for excavation and extraction of a variety of substances, such as underground water or pulp contained within plants.
The camelephant's legs resemble large pillars, though they are much less grand than those present on real life elephants. This is due to the fact that the camelephant generally weighs the same as a camel, thus requiring less support for its body mass. Regardless, the camelephant's lower body still retains the same design as an elephant's, consisting of long straight legs ending in pad-like feet. The creature's feet are nearly round, with two nails on each foot.
In contrast, the camelephant's torso more resembles that of a camel's. It has two characteristic humps located near its rear, along with a thick layer of brown fur sagging from its underbelly. A small layer of excess fur can also be seen atop the camelephant's head. Although the entirety of its torso is covered in fur, the camelephant's head and lower body is wrapped around a thick layer of skin.
- The camelephant closely resembles the African forest elephant. Moreover, it bears striking similarities to the Bactrian camel, in the sense that both creatures share notable dual humps located on their backs.
- Both camels and elephants share an unusual gait, moving the front and hind legs on the same side of the body simultaneously, unlike most other quadrupeds, which move a front leg with the opposite side's hind leg.
- The motions of the camelephant while walking formed the basis of a classic pre-war Fire Nation dance known as the "Camelephant Strut". Avatar Aang performed the classical dance in 100 AG.
- Suyin Beifong was once part of a circus troupe that featured a camelephant.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer) & Heck, Colin (director). (July 11, 2014). "The Metal Clan". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 5. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Art of the Animated Series
- ↑ O'Bryan, John (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director). (September 28, 2007). "The Headband". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 2. Nickelodeon.