|Forums: War Room → Main page updates|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
No changes will be made.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
- Update the "Welcome to Avatar Wiki" header to include key wiki stats & links to special pages.
- Move the "Editing Avatar Wiki" and "Browse" sections from the bottom of the page to the top of the page to make it more visible.
- Add the "Did You Know?..." section, where we put in fun facts about the wiki and its history or interesting facts about the Avatar series. I included 2 examples.
- Add in the "Polls" section of general opinions about the entire Avatar franchise. I included 2 examples.
What do you think about these changes? Do you think the main page is best the way it was, or do you think additional changes could be made that is not described here? Thanks in advance!
- I prefer the main page as it is. I could maybe get behind moving the "Editing Avatar Wiki" section more to the top to perhaps be placed above the newest release. Though then again, people are generally looking for the newest releases of a franchise, so that should also take a prominent place.
- I'm not a fan of such polls on home page, as they don't attribute anything and just need maintenance, with which I mean they'll have to be changed from time to time. Same with the "Did You Know?" section. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 07:46, August 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback. What about the changes to the "Welcome to Avatar Wiki" header?
On the whole, I think it's a bit too cluttered. I don't like moving the neatly arranged buttons (for lack of a better word) down for the rather dry policy guide, so on the whole, I largely agree with Lostris. The one thing I do like is the 'Did you know...' that I have spoken out in favor of before, even though I don't think it's a must of any kind. AvatarAang7 (My wall - My fanon) 07:33, August 20, 2017 (UTC)
- The 'Did you know...' is a good idea. It can be programmed to show new trivia every month or so, but that was already discussed. I think the only thing that the wiki would actually benefit from is a random featured article, where every time someone comes in a new A/B class article shows up (or only A-class). I say this because I've been on the wiki three years now and have maybe seen... two different featured articles? I did this on the Spanish Wiki and it seems to be working just fine. --Tono555 Talk 03:47, August 22, 2017 (UTC)