The Transcript Team is a user group dedicated to making transcripts and improving the already existing ones. The members include:
The team's job is to make new transcripts for all the episodes and format the already existing ones into the official format.
Membership requirements Edit
- PLEASE READ BEFORE REQUESTING TO JOIN*
- User must have been active for a minimum of thirty (30) days.
- User must have an edit count of at least one-hundred (100).
- User should have a history of strong, constructive edits on canon articles.
- User should possess at least an intermediate knowledge of the rules of standard English, as this user group focuses on constructing/revising sentences and dialogue.
Requests to Join Edit
Requests are currently open:
I, Theavatardemotivator, would like to join this group. Although I have not contributed to transcripts in the past, I have previously expressed my interest in them, and, after studying the available transcripts yesterday, am confident that I will be able to aid the group. TAD, theavatardemotivator - talk 10:51, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Done Welcome to the team! By requesting to join, it is assumed you have read and agreed to the aforementioned rules. Please add your name to the list of members (alphabetically please). I know that you are just as eager to contribute to this project, and will undoubtedly be a valuble asset to the cause. Congratulations! Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 00:49, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
I, Tara22, would like to join this group. I haven't contributed to the transcript pages before, nor do i know how to format them. I know almost every word to the episodes and I would really love to be apart of this team. I also feel I could contribute greatly to these types of pages. Thanks You. Tara22 - talk 02:12, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Not done I appreciate your enthusiasm, but after reviewing your recent contributions, it is my belief that you are not ready to join the Transcript Team at this time. Your edits are almost exclusively contained to the fanon portal and talk pages. Provide more constructive edits in the canon mainspace, check your spelling, and if you wish, you may try again in two weeks if our fifth and final position has not been filled. Please try not to be too disappointed. It's nothing personal. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 02:41, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
I, Avatar Kuruk 1, would like to join this group. I have not edited transcript pages before, but I have improved grammar, wording, etc. on many canon articles, and feel I have enough experience to help contribute. I often watch Avatar, and would be happy to take transcription notes as I watch for use on the wiki. I think I would be a valuable addition to this group. Thank you. --Avatar Kuruk 1 (talk • contribs) 02:50, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Not done Like I told Tara, please don't be too disappointed. Your edits are mostly confined to the fanon portal and blog posts. Your spelling is satisfactory, but you are still relatively new here. I cannot in good judgment allow you to jump into a construction project such as this so soon. Feel free to try again in two weeks if the final position hasn't been filled by then. I recommend you look for constructive editing opportunities within the canon mainspace. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 03:10, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
I, AvatarLover, would like to join this group. I have made transcripts in real life before, but do not know how to format them on here. I believe I am committed to joining this group and I am very good at speaking English. =] I think I would be valuable to this group, and hope that I am accepted. Thank you. =] AvatarLover 00:06, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Not done I'm glad you took my advice about editing the canon articles, and I thank you for your contributions to the Southern Air Temple transcript, but I feel as though you need a few more edits under your belt to get a sense of the formatting. I don't doubt that you would be a big help to the team, but most of your contributions over the past five days have been almost exclusively reserved to talk pages, article comments and the fanon portal. Me and my teammates have done the same thing (talk pages and article comments), but we're all involved in several different projects across the wiki, so this is to be expected. As a member of this team, construction and revision of the transcripts is top priority. Your high count of social-type edits shows me that you may struggle with balancing the two types of edits. Show me that you are just as dedicated to the reconstruction aspect of being a wiki editor. Don't take this as a personal insult. It's my job as the founder and the project leader to do what is best for the group. You may reapply for membership rights in two weeks if our final position has not been filled. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 01:16, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
I, The Ultimate Waterbender, would like to join this user group. I have already converted two transcripts myself to the proper tables (The Awakening and The Guru) and will continue to do so once I have a lot of spare time. I have also corrected typos and other various grammatical errors on several other transcript pages. I've expanded some transcripts and, although some of the lines may be off by a couple of words (terribly sorry for this, I work by memory here), I have still managed to build up content and continue where transcripts are left off. I promise to be an active member of this group and completely understand if you deny this request. The Ultimate Waterbender - talk 23:29, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
Support —TUW has a high amount of contribs to canon articles and seems to know her grammar.
23:32, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Done This team was made for people like you, UW. It's clear to me that you will be a consistant contributor as well as a respected ally. We needed another person familiar with the formatting, since Olorin is a bit unpredictable as to if and when he contributes (whether or not that can be helped is beyond my knowledge). By gaining TT membership rights, it is understood that you have read and agree to abide by our rules and regulations. Please add your name to the list in the "Members" section (alphabetically please). Congratulations! Welcome the the Team! By the way, feel free to add the membership template to your user page. See PSU if you need help with that. Again, welcome! Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 00:13, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
I, AvatarLover, would like to re-apply for this group. I have corrected many typos, mistakes, added words, etc. To a lot of the transcripts here on the Avatar Wiki, and I think and believe I would be a big help in this group. I have worked on transcripts of my own before. I am also very fluent in English, as it is my first language. I promise to be a very active member of this group. I hope you accept me into the group and I understand if you deny this request. AvatarLover 20:27, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Done Your contributions to the transcripts have been very helpful as well as appreciated They show me that you know what you're doing, and that you are committed to the cause. Congratulations! Welcome to the team! By gaining TT membership rights, it is assumed you have read and agree to abide by all pre-established rules and regulations. Please add your name to the list of members (alphabetically, but below mine). See PSU for your TT userbox template. Glad to have you. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 23:49, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
I, Nathan Miranda, would like to join the Transcript Team. I helped write part of the Return to Omashu transcript and I really enjoyed it. I thought it would be fun to work on transcripts with you guys. I am ver fluent in English, and I love to write. I hope I am accepted, but I completely understand if you deny my request. Nathan Miranda - talk 14:40, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Not done You know what you're doing, I'll give you that. You've got the potential to be a welcome addition to the team, but I feel as though you need a bit more practice first. I looked over your contributions for the past 2-3 weeks, and except for your edits to the 203 transcript, almost all of them were to talk pages, blogs or the fanon portal. I need committed, consistant editors for this team, as there is still plenty of work to be done before this project is completed. Get a few more strong edits under your belt, preferably in the canon mainspace, and you may try again two weeks from today. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 03:30, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
I, Lady Lostris, would like to join this user group. I've mainly been active on the transcript page. I wrote the transcript of The Desert and part of Return to Omashu. English is my second language, but I think I have the required language standards. I promise to be an active member by adding new transcripts, as well as completing and improving the existing ones. Although I am pretty new to editing, I hope I can contribute to this group, but I totally understand if you would deny this request. Thank you for your time. Lady Lostris (talk • contribs) 21:02, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Support — Though Lady Lostris is fairly new to the Avatar Wiki, I believe she would be a big help in this user group. By the looks of her contributions, with the exceptions of a few comments, most of your contributions has been to the transcript pages, particularly "The Desert". AvatarLover 21:08, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Done Welcome to the team. By gaining membership, it is assumed you have read, understand and accept our rules and regulations. Please add your name to the list at the top of the page (alphabetically, below mine). You mentioned on the talk page that you wanted to work on the "Blind Bandit" transcript. I can create the page for you if need be whenever you need it. Once again, congratulations! Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 23:17, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
I'd like to join. I watch the episodes often enough. I can write down lines and scripts and post them on here. Just let me know which ones ya need and I got that. --AvatarMonarchist 23:56, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Not done Your edit count is below our prerequisite, and the edits you have made are exclusive to the fanon portal and talk pages. Refine your editing skills in the canon mainspace, and brush up on the rules of Standard English. You may try again in two weeks. Bassmasta2012 (talk • contribs) 19:34, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
I, Natsu11, would like to join the Transcript Team. I'm quite experienced, and I've also created two transcripts, finishing them all by myself. I also believe that I am quite good with English. Thanks, – 07:07, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Done Those transcripts really need to get done, and you've done good work on them recently, so welcome to the club. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 14:20, March 21, 2012 (UTC) (ps: sorry Bass to do this, but I haven't really seen you around these days, so instead of keeping Natsu waiting, I thought I'd take the liberty and do this myself)
I, Zimmah, would like to join the Transcript team. I know I do not meet the requirement of having been active for 30 days, nor do i meet the 100 edit requirement, however, I really enjoy the series, both the legend of Aang and LoK. I watch the episodes multiple times. I also added large parts of the latests transcripts, and I'm getting quite familiar with it. I understand if I'm too fresh, but when in doubt, I ask you to ask other admins on their opinion about me. Zimmah 06:50, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Not done Your contributions are good, but it seems like you haven't been very active lately. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 08:43, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
I, Acer Indonesia, would like to join the Transcript Team. I'm currently work faster on The Legend of Korra episodes, and sometimes I add the "Needed Pages" Transcripts. I conscious the requirements, and I believe I have passed all of them, and currently work on the number four. Indeed, I should move fast for pass the 4th rule. Thank you for your attention,
- Not done I'm sorry, Acer, but your level of English doesn't reach the required standard. Writing transcripts involves a lot of text and you still make too much spelling and grammar mistakes. Plus, when you write a transcript, make sure you list the right dialogue. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 08:43, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
I, Fruipit, am expressing my wishes to join the Transcript team. Despite not having contributed to the transcipts before this post, I believe I meet all the requirements, particularly the fourth: having a very high standard of English. I am quite proficient, able to articulate my thoughts well. I understand basic and advanced English syntax and grammar rules. Thank you for your consideration, Fruipit (wall • contribs) 10:50, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Not done Sorry, but you haven't really contributed to the transcripts yet, which is kind of the goal of this group. I have no doubt that you have a high standard of English, but a show of commitment is also required. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 14:19, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
I, Derpyrebound, would like to join this group. My reason is that I have seen every episode of ATLA and haven't missed an episode for LoK. Majority of the time I have a very strong memory and can replay a scene in my head which helps with transcripts. I have even created a few. Over time my memory can be stronger like the first few days after watching an episode. I may have very little memory then it comes back a few days later very clear. That was how I was able to add "The Deserter" transcript and make multiple edits a few days after posting it. I am of course very proficient in ELA. 03:01, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Done I have seen your contributions and dedication to the transcript pages, keep that up, as the pages could still use a lot of help. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 14:19, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
I, Unnamed Airbender, would like to join the group. Although I have had never actually edited any transcript of any episode, I believe that I can help do it and aid the group itself. Now that the season is over, I'm like an obssesed fan, downloaded every episode again. I have the full series and since that, I can help with the transcript that are needed. (That was the reason I did not contribute to transcript's, I deleted the episodes after I watched them). Unnamed Airbender 08:12, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Not done I am sorry, but with only 1 contribution to the transcript page, you are yet to show a commitment to creating transcripts. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 14:19, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
I, WaterbenderTaikai, am kindly requesting to join the Transcript Team. One of the first things I started editing on here were the transcripts. Since then, I have been taking the time to go through and fix and cleanup the transcripts whenever I can. I know more than my fair share of proper English grammar, vocabulary, and spelling. I have great memory, so I know just about all of the dialogue and description of every episode in both A:TLA and in LoK. I am an active user and a dedicated one too. I am also familiar with how to code the transcripts and in what format. When I see that a transcript is poor, I help to fix it. But I don't just edit transcripts when I see that they need it, I just edit it anyway by finding things to fix and expanding to give the reader a clearer and more vivid picture and tone/mood of character. Thank you for your consideration and time, WaterbenderTaikai 02:50, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Done Hey, I didn't nominate you for that transcript category for nothing. ^^ Really, you have made strides to create and improve transcripts, much more progress than a lot of us have been making lately and we would love to have someone aboard who is so dedicated. =) The Ultimate Waterbender 21:41, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
I, Yamichidori1, request to join this user group. I have made 1 Transcript Edit and noticed how easy it was. I may have little experience and I understand if you say no, but I have absolutely every episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender on my computer and every single episode of Legend of Korra on my DVR so I have easy access to adding the Transcripts. I have studied Trascripts in the past and I have shown intrists in them. I am confident that I will be able to aid your group if you accept me and I await your answer. Thank you for your consideration and time. --闇の千鳥1 (talk) 19:58, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
I, Icarlyftw, humbly request to join the Transcript Team. I have made quite a few Transcript edits, heavily focusing on grammar and fixing some lines here and there. My edits toward regular articles are also usually correcting grammar, and I am American, so I speak a high level of English. My family also tells me that I have a good memory, which I will use to the best of my ability if my request is accepted. Thank for your time. Icarlyftw talk to me 23:12, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Done You have shown clear dedication to improving the transcripts and correcting mistakes that you have caught, fixes that are just as significant as any expansion or elaboration one could make. It is apparent that you care about the maintenance of our transcript articles, with another user's opinion to support this judgment, and have the patience and devotion to look them over carefully and seek out any errors. Welcome aboard. =) The Ultimate Waterbender 14:54, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
I, Bassmasta2012, do hereby request to rejoin the Transcript Team. Real life forced me away from this project for a long time, but now that I'm back from inactivity, I'm ready to get back to work improving these things in any way that I can. For those of you who worked with me before my hiatus, my reputation as a grammarian, eidetic memory and work ethic precedes me. For those of you who don't know me, I have memory like a computer and can quote every episode word for word, am a highly trained grammarian in two languages, and was the founder of the group. We've made great progress, and I'd like to play a role in getting the project finished with my membership intact. Thank you very much. Bassmasta2012 (wall • contribs) 03:22, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Done Technicality completed. Welcome back, Bass. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 08:27, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I, ZukoTheViper12007AvatarNo1Fan, would love to join this group. I love editing transcripts, the only bad thing with me is that i have problem with spelling, but i created a transcript and I write it all by myself and I think I did a prety good job you can see my hard work here, also my work didn't get reverted. Look forward to be on your team.
- ZukoTheViper12007AvatarNo1Fan 19:51, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
All rules on the Avatar Wiki:User groups page apply to this group, including several others, such as:
- If you do not know how to format the page, add it to the below list and a user who does know will edit it.
- Do not add pictures to the transcript pages.
- Be sure to cite where you got an interview from if you wish to transcribe it.
- If any member has pending inactivity, they should post a message detailing the situation on the talk page, so that appropriate adjustments of workload can be made.
- The text for a given transcript is NOT supposed to have links within it. All characters and major locations have links at the bottom of the page. Examples of how this should appear can be viewed on almost every transcript page for reference.
Pages Needed Edit
Pages Completed Edit
Book 1 Edit
- Transcript:The Boy in the Iceberg (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Avatar Returns (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Southern Air Temple (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Warriors of Kyoshi (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The King of Omashu
- Transcript:Winter Solstice, Part 1: The Spirit World
- Transcript:Winter Solstice, Part 2: Avatar Roku
- Transcript:The Storm
- Transcript:The Fortuneteller (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Deserter
- Transcript:Bato of the Water Tribe
- Transcript:The Northern Air Temple
- Transcript:The Waterbending Master
- Transcript:The Siege of the North, Part 1 (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Siege of the North, Part 2
Book 2 Edit
- Transcript:The Avatar State (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Cave of Two Lovers (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:Return to Omashu
- Transcript:Avatar Day (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Blind Bandit
- Transcript:Zuko Alone
- Transcript:The Chase (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:Bitter Work
- Transcript:The Library
- Transcript:The Desert (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Serpent's Pass
- Transcript:The Drill (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:Appa's Lost Days
- Transcript:Lake Laogai (episode)
- Transcript:The Guru
- Transcript:The Crossroads of Destiny
Book 3 Edit
- Transcript:Escape from the Spirit World
- Transcript:The Awakening (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Headband
- Transcript:The Painted Lady
- Transcript:Sokka's Master
- Transcript:The Beach
- Transcript:The Avatar and the Fire Lord
- Transcript:The Runaway
- Transcript:The Puppetmaster
- Transcript:Nightmares and Daydreams
- Transcript:The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion
- Transcript:The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse (scene elaboration done)
- Transcript:The Western Air Temple
- Transcript:The Firebending Masters
- Transcript:The Boiling Rock, Part 1
- Transcript:The Boiling Rock, Part 2
- Transcript:The Southern Raiders
- Transcript:The Ember Island Players
- Transcript:Sozin's Comet, Part 1: The Phoenix King
- Transcript:Sozin's Comet, Part 2: The Old Masters
- Transcript:Sozin's Comet, Part 3: Into the Inferno
- Transcript:Sozin's Comet, Part 4: Avatar Aang
Super Deformed Shorts Edit
Pages Reserved Edit
I don't have specific transcripts that I personally want to edit. So I maybe hopping around.
- Any unfinished pages (I might use my sandbox)
- Some common fixes.
- Adding boxes to transcripts that need work.
I'll be expanding the transcripts chronologically first before I create any more.
- The Library (I did The Desert too, might as well stick to my sandbox)
- The Painted Lady
- The Beach
- Sozin's Comet Part 1, 2 and 3
- Elaborate scene events on the existing transcripts.
- The Waterbending scroll
- The Northern Air Temple
- The Deserter
- The Siege of the North, Part 2
- The Earth King
- Appa's Lost Days
- Winter Solstice, Part 2: Avatar Roku
- The Great Divide - yes, I have decided to take this one
- Plus, I'll also be elaborating, like Lady Lostris, on current episode transcripts, specifically scene events.
- I'll just be working on whatever I see needs help and I will try elaborating like Ultimate and Lostris.
- Sokka's Master
- Nightmares and Daydreams
- The Waterbending Master
- Bitter Work