|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter|
This is the page where formal requests for chat moderator rights can be filed. Chat moderator rights enable normal users to kick or ban other users on the wiki's chat. It is particularly useful on Avatar Wiki when an admin is unavailable to take action against comments or discussions that contravene the site's. There is no maximum number of chat moderators, so if you believe you deserve chat moderator rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
- Regular activity on the chat
- History of moderation on the chat, whether that be reporting users for whom action is required, or attempting to moderate disagreements between other users
- No history of serious blocks due to vandalism, sockpuppetry, or posting inappropriate comments
- Add your request under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than a few lines) as to why you believe you deserve and require chat moderator rights. You must use the sample format that is shown at the top of the edit window when editing the section "current requests".
- Alternatively, another user may also nominate another eligible user for chat moderator rights. If this is the case, the applicant only needs to say that he/she accepts the nomination. It is not necessary to elaborate any further, as administrators will check user contributions regardless of what is written.
- Note that being nominated by another user bears no advantage over normal requests you make yourself.
- Any comments on the request from others may be posted as per any standard talk page discussion.
- One of the active administrators will consider your request. Don't be too disappointed if your request is declined. Remember, you can always try again later.
Current requests Edit
Duke of Skibbington Edit
I, the Duke of Skibbington am requesting chat moderator rights on the Avatar Wiki. I am very active and being from a different time zone, I can monitor the chat when others are asleep and give a nice overlap. I dare say, I am rather responsible, on the Doom Universe community, I am a moderator and have served to stop and destroy many a spam attack. Ask any frequent chatter, I am active and dedicated to the rules of the chat. I do think I could be a great help to the wiki. Duke of Skibbington Fanon - Wall 22:10, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Not done Unfortunately, at this time, I don't think you are ready as while you are involved plenty on-wiki, the activity hasn't translated to our chat at this point. You certainly can help in the time gap but it simply needs to show more. PSUAvatar14 Want to have a word? 17:51, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
DaiLaiHeping am requesting chat moderator rights on the Avatar Wiki. I enjoy being part of this community and love the conversations there, and I would like to be able to monitor the chat to continue it being the enjoyable place for live discussions and conversation. Others have previously put my name down before to become chat moderator and personally I would enjoy to help in any way that I could to assist the community where I can - since I spend a lot of time on the Chat. Dailaiheping 19:07, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Not done I really hate to say no at this point because you are a nice and level-headed user, but as you recently announced you're heading into a period of significant inactivity, I'm hesitant to give you rights at this point. If your activity holds up/returns, I personally would give you rights then. PSUAvatar14 Want to have a word? 13:01, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
Me, a random guy from the Netherlands who goes by the Avatar Wiki username of CombustionNation, am requesting chat moderator rights on the Avatar Wiki. I am very active on this wiki, checking it at least once a day, and I am often found in the chat. I enjoy being on there and I hate it when spammers (who are returning now) try to crash the chat and no admin is around. I want to fight these spammers, and other people who misbehave. I will not misuse my powers, and I will only use them for a good reason. CombustionNation 19:29, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Done Do remember though, your actions will speak louder than your words. You will need to ensure you handle this position of responsibility with a level head at all times. PSUAvatar14 Want to have a word? 17:51, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
Hello, I would like to request chat moderator rights. I have a vast experience moderating, being an administrator on the Spanish Wiki and the Spanish Community Central. I spend quite some time on the chat, and am a good and regular user, coming on to the wiki daily. Thank you for your consideration. Tono555 21:49, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
Duke of Skibbington (2) Edit
I wish to reapply for the position. I have proven myself, without reasonable doubt, to be an active user. I have also, on one occasion, stopped an argument between the users Bajator and Primerage and reported it. Therefore, I believe myself capable of the role. Since being declined on the first opportunity, I have ended three arguments and reported a user. Duke of Skibbington Fanon - Wall 06:55, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
After giving it a great deal of thought over the past few weeks, I would now like to formally request chat moderator privileges.
I'm pretty active in the chat most days, as while I do work full time, I am still able to be in the chat throughout the day during the week. Not to toot my own horn, but I think of myself as usually being fairly level-headed, and have on occasions when things got a little heated requested that users be more civil, as well as reported improper behaviour on one occasions. I believe that I could fill that position effectively, and am fully aware of the requirements thereof and to be sure not to abuse this privilege, should it be granted. Thank you for your consideration. --DrachenRitter42 (wall • contribs) 21:19, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Done Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 21:34, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
Duke of Skibbington (3) Edit
I would like to apply for chat moderator again. The infamous troll has appeared for another time. Eventually, a moderator came to sort things out but only after just a few minutes shy of an hour. I am very active in the chat and often online around the time the troll decides to surface. Would you please consider my application? Duke of Skibbington Fanon - Wall 20:00, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
- Not done A need for a new mod has definitely arisen. Considering I rarely frequented chat, I didn't feel comfortable making this decision on my own but rather opted to gather opinions from the chat community. Based on those, I ended up giving AvatarAang7 chat mod rights instead, although I don't doubt you would've made a good mod as well. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 22:34, May 31, 2016 (UTC)