|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter||User groups|
User groups are collaborations that consist of a group of users dedicated to gather a project, circled around a single concept or topic. They are intended as a central location to co-ordinate such collaborations, to improve editor motivation and to improve editing efficiency.
For groups Edit
- New groups can be created at the discretion of any user. Create a new project page (a page with the prefix
Avatar Wiki:), and link to it from this page. Outline the purpose of the new group and advertise it to interested users, possibly through a blog post or the official community newsletter, The Ba Sing Se Times.
- After a period of two weeks, new user groups will be checked by an administrator. If the group does not have more than one member, or if the group is clearly for social purposes, it will be deleted.
- There are no predetermined guidelines for group dynamics and organization, and it is expected that groups can maintain themselves autonomously. Administrators should only intervene or disband a group if it is clear that policy is not being followed.
- User group decisions are not a substitute for community consensus. If a decision taken by a group contradicts the wishes of the rest of the community, community consensus takes precedence.
- Established usergroups in which all members are inactive or the number of active users no longer constitute a "group" - such as one active user - after a period of one month, will be subject to deletion.
For users Edit
- A user may only join up to 3 user groups.
- If a user is blocked, they may be removed from certain user groups by an administrator or a group member.
Current user groups Edit
- Avatar Wiki. , aiming to fix grammatical and punctuation errors on
- fanon namespace. , designed to constructively reformat articles in the
- , a group of experienced authors who interview fellow authors upon request.
- , a group of users skilled in illustrating who will provide fanon titlecards upon request.
- , a group of high-quality fanon writers and readers who are ready to critique and review fanons upon request.
- fauna pages on the wiki. , dedicated to expanding all
- A-class. , dedicated to quality improvement of canon articles to make them
- , devoted to creating and improving the video game pages.
- transcripts and improving the already existing ones. , dedicated to making
See also Edit
- Wiki-Projects, the concept behind user groups, on Wikipedia