- This page is about the Fanonbenders user group. For the fanonbending status, see .
The Fanonbenders user group is designed to reformat articles in the fanon namespace where normal user would not be permitted by the fanon policy. The user group however, holds no extra power or authority over any other users which may or may not edit the fanon portal.
The Fanonbenders target low quality fanon articles and constructively edit spelling, grammar, image sizes, coding errors, inserts compulsory templates, edits links, and whatever else the fanon article may need to be improved on.
The user group was created to combat the plethora of low quality fanon articles on Avatar Wiki in May 2011, after a proposal by group founder forum thread regarding the current procedures for handling low quality fanon, which is 'dumping' it in the author's user space.in a
To ensure the success and organization of the Fanonbenders user group, well established fanon editors will be selected to help improve the fanon namespace's current quality.
Rules and regulations
The Fanonbenders user group has several rules and guidelines that must be followed by all members;
- This user group improves only fanon portal articles. All canon articles are managed by the Fire Sages user group.
- All members should improve fanon articles, or mark them for improvement on the discussion page as a preference to moving articles to the respective author's user space.
- When reformatting a fanon page, please include "Fanonbender duties" in the edit summary followed by a list of major edits made, so as not to create confusion amongst the fanon community as to why you're editing other users' articles.
- Main article: Avatar Wiki:Fanonbenders/Pages
Current membership requests
Due to the user group playing a vital role in the collaborative tidiness and organization of the fanon portal and the large size of the fanon portal itself, the Fanonbenders are a group of experienced fanon authors who take on some extra responsibility. Users may be nominated to join by other members of the Fanonbenders user group and may also nominate themselves. Once a nomination is supported by Fanonbenders, and accepted by the nominee, the nominee becomes a member.
Requests are currently open.
I am applying for the Fanonbenders, as I believe that I would be a great addition. I just finished Part 1 of my Fanon, and am about to start writing Part 2. I have read several, and understand how the formatting works. I think I would be a great asset. Thank you for your consideration. Fruipit (wall • contribs) 07:45, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Not done I don't see any edits to fanon stories that aren't your own. While you may have knowledge of the right format, you should spend some more time with the fanon portal as a whole before requesting again. --AvatarRokus Ghost (Message me • Read my fanon) 21:49, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
I, RuleroftheBisons97, am applying for the Fanonbenders. I have written a few fanons in the past, and they each have gotten great, albeit minimal reviews, complimenting creativity and some writing skills. I believe that the group will help me become a more active user while also perfecting my grammar and writing skills. I am a hawk to fanon articles, keeping an eye on each page. A couple of times, I have found myself to be in the presence of low-quality articles and wish to change them, but must retreat backstage as the others take the spotlight. I think I will help improve the fanon portal and make a great contribution to this team. Thank you for reading and for your consideration. Whatever you decide, I will be happy. RuleroftheBisons97 21:31, July 20, 2012 (UTC)RuleroftheBisons97
- Not done Sorry, but although I see a lot of edits in the fanon space, almost all of them are to your own fanon. You should spend some time helping format and clean up others' fanons before joining this group. I'd watch out for some fanons that need improvement and proper templates, then request again in a couple weeks. --AvatarRokus Ghost (Message me • Read my fanon) 21:49, July 20, 2012 (UTC)