The goals of Avatar Wiki are:
- To be the ultimate guide to everything related to the franchise — inside and outside the universe. Everyone is encouraged to help and add everything they know.
- To create a community site for members to share their views and their theories on the Avatar shows and movies.
Why should I be a part of Avatar Wiki?
Our resource of information on Avatar is entirely written, maintained and updated by people like you. Avatar Wiki is dependent on volunteers for its continued survival. As a multi-faceted site with a strong community, being part of Avatar Wiki can only be a positive experience.
What can I do on Avatar Wiki?
Many wonder what they can do on, or how they can help Avatar Wiki. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of activities and jobs that you can do.
- Improve and/or rewrite articles: As Avatar Wiki is based around an encyclopedia of everything to do with Avatar, this can be said to be the core activity of the site.
- Write your own fan fiction: Through our fanon and fan fiction portal, you can write your own stories set in the Avatar universe or based on Avatar.
- Express your views through blog posts: Writing a blog post is a good way to let your opinion on the original TV series, the film adaptation or even the wiki itself be known in the community.
- Chat with other community members: You can chat in real time with other community members on IRC, which can be accessed here. If you have an IRC client, the Avatar Wiki channel is
- Ask and answer questions on our Q&A site: Part of our wider network, the Avatar Answers Wiki is a question and answer site devoted to Avatar.
What are the rules on Avatar Wiki?
Being a wiki-based site, which by its nature should be editable by anyone, there is a necessity of having certain policies and guidelines (or "rules") to guide use of the site. Our policies and guidelines can be found here.
Who founded Avatar Wiki and when?
Who is the leader or webmaster of Avatar Wiki?
Hosted by Wikia, Avatar Wiki does not, and will never have a member who has the final word in community decisions, or any semblance of formal authority. Community decisions are the responsibility of all members, made by consensus through discussion. However, for maintenance and moderation purposes, Avatar Wiki has a group of administrators, who are experienced members of the site entrusted with additional tools.
Who designed the theme, home page etc.?
If Avatar Wiki is not run and hosted by a single person, then it is logical to ask who is responsible for the front-end look and feel of the site. As Avatar Wiki is a wiki, a number of people collaborated to provide Avatar Wiki's current designs. The current theme (mainly a matter of choosing colors and CSS customization) was designed by, with a background and logo provided by . Thailog also designed two previous themes for the wiki. The logos for the fanon and movie sections of the site were created by . The current home page was created by The 888th Avatar and Thailog.
- If you wish to contact Avatar Wiki, the primary external contact address for the site is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to contact a specific individual on Avatar Wiki, or if you are looking for help around the site, the following users are experienced and can be consulted.
|Fanon portal monitor. Active across all dimensions of fanon on the wiki and writes her own fan fiction. Contact for general issues relating to the fanon portal and its projects.||Inactive|
|Is everywhere. A mysterious entity that has appeared all over our page histories. Also edits our newsletter while running a bot. Contact if you are interested in maintenance.||Inactive|
|Voracious editor. Seen everywhere and anywhere to do with our articles. Pays vigorous attention to detail. Runs a bot. Contact for issues regarding content and its accuracy.||Active|
|Image guru. Has designed most of our themes. Maintains images, enforces our image policies, and keeps a bot handy. Contact for image or graphical inquiries.||Active|
|Longest-serving admin. Maintains our policies and the technical stuff such as styling, templates, and messages. Also runs a bot. Contact for site rule and technical questions.||Inactive|
|Article writer. Commonly spotted revamping articles and doing quality control. Contact if you are interested in improving articles.||Active|
- Rollback users
- , , ,