- See a list of these articles here.
A-class articles are articles of very high standard written to a professional exemplar. They are denoted by the Crown Prince headpiece icon.
This recognition is separate from featured articles, which are articles that have been, or are featured on the main page. These are articles of excellent quality that have been chosen to enhance their visibility.
A-class articles are promoted and demoted by five users that make up the Standards Council.
Procedure for A-class articles Edit
- Any member of the Standards Council nominates an article for promotion using Template:ACnominated.
- Article is reviewed by the council, and checked for major errors or omissions.
- If the article is approved by the panel, i.e. more than half of them think it is deserving, it will be added to the A-class category and the headpiece icon will be applied.
- Any user may nominate an A-class article to be featured on the main page by applying Template:Nominated.
- The community will vote on featured article nominations.
- If article standards are not kept, members of the "A-class article" panel can freely nominate pages for demotion. If the panel thinks the article is no longer worthy, it will lose the headpiece. It will not however lose the star.