- This article is about the gang in Republic City. For the firebending duel, see Agni Kai.
In 158 AG, the Agni Kai Triad broke into the Sato estate. During the robbery, one of the members killed Yasuko, Hiroshi Sato's wife, an event that caused Hiroshi to develop a deep hatred for all benders and eventually join the Equalists.
When Mako and Korra approached Skoochy in Central City Station for information regarding Bolin's whereabouts, he mentioned that all the gangs, including the Agni Kai Triad, the Triple Threats, and the Red Monsoons, were recruiting extra muscle for something big.
Six months after the conclusion of the Anti-bending Revolution, several members of the Agni Kai Triad were hired to bomb the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center during a Southern parade for peace in the Water Tribe Civil War. However, as two of the triad members made their escape, they were discovered by Mako, who was standing guard. The three got into a scuffle, during which one of the triad members detonated a bomb using a remote control, causing significant damage to the cultural center. Although one of the triad members was hit by Mako's bending, in the resulting confusion they all managed to escape in a waiting Satomobile. Mako later suspected that the Agni Kais had been hired by Varrick, given that the technology to manufacture such remote controls belonged exclusively to his company.
- The Agni Kai Triad is a reference to typical 1920s American mobsters.
- Their name is a reference to the traditional firebending duel, Agni Kai.
- Their members mostly wear red outfits.
- ↑ Welcome to Republic City. Nickelodeon (May 4, 2012). Retrieved on May 4, 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (April 21, 2012). "The Revelation". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 3. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (May 19, 2012). "The Aftermath". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 7. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hedrick, Tim (writer) & Heck, Colin (director). (October 4, 2013). "Peacekeepers". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 17. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & Graham, Ian (director). (October 11, 2013). "The Sting". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 18. Nickelodeon.